Favorite family recipes from All Sport Sales Manager & owner of Canterbury Brook Inn, Kim Baumann
Healthy Holiday EggNog Shake
- 6oz Skim Milk
- 1 scoop Original Chai
- 1/2 scoop Vanilla Cream
- 1 scoop Vanilla Whey Protein
- 1/2 Tsp Cinnamon
- 12oz Ice
Blend and enjoy!!
Granny's Apple Cake
(Recipe submitted by membership consultant, Stephanie Lotz)
- 3 medium apples peeled and diced in food processor
- 1 cup of sugar (all natural honey can be substituted)
1 Large Egg beaten
1 1/2 cups of flour (whole wheat flour can be substituted)
1 teaspoon of baking soda
1/2 cup of vegetable oil (applesauce can be substituted)
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon of salt
- Preheat oven to 350
Place all ingredients in large bowl and whisk until blended.
Lightly grease an 8 inch round pan
Pour apple mixture into pan and bake for 25-30 mins or until a toothpick comes out clean
Serve warm and enjoy!!
Corn Chowder (Dairy & Gluten Free)
- All vegetables cut into ¼ inch cubes
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 ¼ cups carrots
- 1 ¼ cups celery
- 1 ¼ cups sun tan peppers
- 1 ¼ cups corn kernels (grilled optional)
- 1 ½ cups potatoes
- 1 pint coconut milk
- 7 cups chicken stock
- 2/3 cup rice flout
- Black pepper to taste
- Pinch nutmeg
- Add olive oil to soup pot on med heat. Sautee onions for 3-4 minutes. Add carrots, celery and peppers.
- Sautee for 8-10 minutes.
- Pour in rice flour and stir then add chicken stock. Simmer for 30-35 minutes.
- Add potatoes, corn, coconut milk, black pepper and pinch of nutmeg. Simmer for additional 25-30 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
Cool Summer Zucchini & Pasta
- 1/4 Olive oil
- 6-8 large zucchini diced into 1" cubes (skin on)
- 1 8oz package of mushrooms (optional) - sliced
- 1 small onion - finely chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic - minced
- 2 cups of your favorite tomato sauce - homemade preferably
- ¾ liquid chicken bouillon
- 1 whole egg - whisked
- Black pepper: to taste
- 1 lb of your favorite pasta - cooked al dente
- 1 lb cooked tiny meatballs of sautéed chicken if desired
- Sautée onions & garlic until translucent (about 5 minutes)
- Add zucchini & mushrooms. Stir and sautée about 5-10 minutes.
- Add black pepper to taste
- Add tomato sauce and bouillon. Bring to boil, place lid on pot, reduce heat and summer about 45-60 minutes. Stir occasionally. Zucchini should be tender.
- Stir in one whole egg - whisked
- Remove from heat and serve over your favorite pasta
- Adding cooked tiny meatballs or grilled chicken optional